Benefits of our food
After a lot of research and education about feeding our pets a raw diet we came to understand the incredible health benefits associated with feeding a pure all natural diet.
- Enhance Immune System and Reduced Allergic Reactions. (Grains, by products and the preservatives in commercial dog food often cause allergies.
- Smaller volume of stool - Fillers in commercial dog foods cause copious amounts of stool. Did you know that feeding raw food stimulates and empties your dog's anal glands naturally??? Ever see your dog drag their bottom on the floor, this means the dogs wants to empty the anal sac which is filled with foul smelling liquid.
- Cleaner Teeth - chewing and crunching on natural raw meaty bones is better than any brushing or flossing that we could ever do. Plus it reduces bad doggy breath.
- Fewer ear infections - the yeast and grain content in commercial food can contribute to chronic ear problems.
- Bloat management - Raw food does not contain fillers that can expand in the stomach and thereby decreasing the possibility of bloat.
- Fewer Musculoskeletal Problems - puppies that are fed raw grow more slowly than dogs raised on commercial foods, allowing their skeleton and muscles to grow at a rate that makes them stronger and healthier.
Overall vitality and energy are unequaled and most important of all, DOGS LOVE IT!!!
Many people who switch their dogs to raw food report healthy skin, a shiny coat, clean teeth, fresh breath and an apparent resistance to diseases, parasites and allergies.
The following provides information on the fruits and vegetables we use in our foods and the incredible health benefits for your pets.
With Legacy Pet Foods you get what you pay for, a good solid food that comes from pure protein sources and the 9 best fruits and vegetables for the pets that you love.
Carrots are the root vegetable of the carrot plant. It is best when a food company uses fresh, whole carrots for pet foods, as the nutrient content will be higher. Carrots are high in vitamins A, B, K and various other vitamins and minerals as well as being the extreme in beta carotene and lutein.
Apples are a fruit with an excellent source of dietary fibre (both soluble and insoluble), vitamin C and various other nutrients.
Blueberries are healthy for your pet, as they are a good source of fibre, high in vitamins/minerals, possess antioxidant properties and additionally can provide a source of natural color most of the incredible health benefits are found in the skin and natural juice.
Broccoli is a green vegetable in the cabbage family known for its high calcium content, cancer-fighting nutrients, fibre and vitamin K.
Cranberries are the red fruit of a low, creeping shrub. Cranberries or the pure juice of cranberries has been shown reduce the rate of urinary tract infections by inhibiting the bacteria from adhering to the walls of the urinary tract, high in antioxidants and vitamin K.
Green beans are the vegetable from the bean plant. They are a good source of B vitamins, fibre, and various minerals.
Pumpkin meal is ground pumpkin, a member of the gourd family. Pumpkins are very high in fibre, potassium, beta carotene and may help reduce diarrhea.
Sweet potatoes, also known as yams, are a tuberous root vegetable. They are an excellent source of fibre, complex carbohydrates, are high in vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, iron and calcium and are naturally sweet tasting.
A small quantity of garlic is good for you dog and provides antioxidants.
TO ALL OF OUR CUSTOMERS
LEGACY PET FOODS INC. IS NOT IN PARTNERSHIP NOR DO WE HAVE ANY ASSOCIATION WITH ANY OTHER PET FOOD COMPANY IN ANY MANNER.
WE ARE AN INDEPENDENT FAMILY OWNED AND OPERATED BUSINESS.
WE PERSONALLY MAKE YOUR PETS FOOD SO THAT WE CAN GUARANTEE THE QUALITY OF FOOD YOUR PET EATS.